“A De-Escalation Room Intercom System between the person in the de-escalation room and the staff in the corridor is provided via a Ant-Ligature speaker and microphone mounted in the ceiling of the de-escalation room and an Intercom Panel in the Corridor”
A De-Escalation Room Intercom can provide:
- Hands Free Communications
- Ceiling Mounted Microphone & Anti-Ligature Speaker
- Forced One Way Communication
- En-Suite (Option)
- Remote Music Input (Option)
- Remote Intercom station can be fitted at Nurse Base.(Option)
De-Escalation Room Intercom Description
A de-escalation room is a safe space designed to calm and support individuals who are in distress and at risk of harming themselves or others. The room is typically equipped with comfortable seating, soft lighting, and calming decor to create a peaceful and non-threatening environment.
Communications with the patent is provided by a De-Escalation Room Intercom System
In a healthcare setting, a de-escalation room is often used to help patients who are experiencing behavioural or mental health issues. The room is staffed by trained healthcare professionals who are skilled in de-escalation techniques and can provide support and guidance to the patient.
The goal of a de-escalation room is to help individuals regain control of their emotions and behaviour, preventing a potentially dangerous situation from escalating. The use of a de-escalation room is an important component of a comprehensive approach to mental health care, providing a safe and supportive environment for individuals in crisis.
Communications between the person in the de-escalation room and the staff in the corridor is provided via a Anti-Ligature speaker and microphone mounted in the ceiling of the de-escalation room, and an intercom station in the corridor. flush or surface mounted.
Allow for communication with the patient when the patient is in the room and the door is locked, for example, via an intercom”
The De-Escalation Room Intercom System has a flush mounted corridor intercom (Surface Mounted can be supplied as an option) station can listen to the de-escalation room Patient and if they need to speak to the patient they press and hold the “Press to Talk” button to talk.
Option of Second Microphone and Speaker in the En-Suite Option.
Playing Music to calm the patient is possible when music option is installed, we supply the a music interface which has wired and Bluetooth.
We have supplied over 200 systems for hospitals in the UK.
De-Escalation Room Intercom System Installation
- Corridor Station should be mounted for easy operator access, this is flush mounted. (surface mount can be supplied at special request)
- We recommend the System Control Box is mounted outside of the room, above The ceiling in the Corridor is recommended for future access if adjustments are required.
- Cable between Corridor station and the Control box is CAT5E/6 cable
- Mains power is required for the System Control Box.
- Cable for microphone should be screened microphone cable 31-059 CANFORD FST-LFH CABLE 1 pair Black or equivalent
- The speaker requires 2 core speaker cable Speaker Cable 224-GY West Penn Wire or equivalent
- System Drawing
- To Communicate with the room, press top button, this will open one-way listen communications.
- Use the middle button to communication with patient. Press and hold button while talking, release button to listen.
- To cancel all communications (Switch OFF) press the bottom button.
|Loops are Used when an Audio Music input is required. feed via hard-wired connection or Bluetooth.|
|Anti-Ligature Ceiling Speaker Mounted in the Ceiling of the Seclusion Room|
|Microphone Mounted in the Ceiling of Seclusion Room|
|Installing the Microphone Installing the Microphone|
|Microphone Connects Connections inside System Control Box for Microphone|
|Anti-Ligature Ceiling Speaker Mounted in the Ceiling of Seclusion Room|
|Corridor Station IP Vandal Resistant Substation TKIE – 1008041200 Standard Station without Special Front Panel|
|Flush Mount Back Box for IP Vandel Resistant Substation – TKIE – 1008098100|
|Corridor Panel Drawing Corridor Front Panel Drawing Showing Sizes etc|
|System Control Box Picture of the System Control Box that should be Mounted Where Access can be made for Maintenance|
|Control Station VoIP Intercom Module TKIS-2 – 1008131020 Mounted Inside the System Control Box|
For more information
If you seek professional advice on which product to select, don’t hesitate to contact RingUK’s specialists today. Our team will evaluate your requirements, research, and clarify all available options to assist you or your client in selecting the ideal system that satisfies your needs.