“A Isolation Room Intercom between the patient in the Isolation room and the staff in the corridor is provided via a speaker and microphone mounted in the ceiling of the Isolation room and an Intercom Panel in the Corridor”
A Isolation Room Intercom can provide:
- Hands Free Communications
- Ceiling Mounted Microphone & Speaker
- Forced One Way Communication
- En-Suite (Option)
- Remote Music Input (Option)
- Remote Intercom station can be fitted at Nurse Base.(Option)
Isolation Room Intercom Description
Communications between the patient in the Isolation room and the staff in the corridor is provided via a speaker and microphone mounted in the ceiling of the Isolation room, and an intercom station in the corridor.
The flush mounted corridor intercom (Surface Mounted can be supplied as an option) station can listen to the Isolation room and if they need to speak to the patient they press and hold the “T” button to talk.
Option of Second Microphone and Speaker in the En-Suite Option.
Playing Music is possible when music option is installed, we supply the AVID unit which has 3 inputs. 3.5 mm jack, 2 x RCA and screw terminals, Plus Bluetooth.
We have supplied over 80 systems for hospitals in the UK.
Isolation Room Intercom Installation
- Corridor Station should be mounted for easy operator access, this is flush mounted. (surface mount can be supplied at special request)
- We recommend the System Control Box is mounted outside of the room, above The ceiling in the Corridor is recommended for future access if adjustments are required.
- Cable between Corridor station and the Control box is CAT5 cable
- Mains power is required for the System Control Box.
- Cable for microphone should be screened microphone cable 31-059 CANFORD FST-LFH CABLE 1 pair Black or equivalent
- The speaker requires 2 core speaker cable Speaker Cable 224-GY West Penn Wire or equivalent
- System Drawing
Isolation Room Intercom Operation
- To Communicate with the room, press top button, this will open two way communications.
- Use the middle button to force call to the room. (Used when patient is making extreme noise)
- This will set up one-way communication, let go of the middle button to return to listen mode.
- To cancel all communications (Switch OFF) press the bottom button.
Isolation Room Intercom Datasheets
|Loops are Used when an Audio Music input is required. feed via hard-wired connection or Bluetooth.|
|Anti-Ligature Ceiling Speaker Mounted in the Ceiling of the Seclusion Room|
|Microphone Mounted in the Ceiling of Seclusion Room|
|Installing the Microphone Installing the Microphone|
|Microphone Connects Connections inside System Control Box for Microphone|
|Anti-Ligature Ceiling Speaker Mounted in the Ceiling of Seclusion Room|
|Corridor Station IP Vandal Resistant Substation TKIE – 1008041200 Standard Station without Special Front Panel|
|Flush Mount Back Box for IP Vandel Resistant Substation – TKIE – 1008098100|
|Corridor Panel Drawing Corridor Front Panel Drawing Showing Sizes etc|
|System Control Box Picture of the System Control Box that should be Mounted Where Access can be made for Maintenance|
|Control Station VoIP Intercom Module TKIS-2 – 1008131020 Mounted Inside the System Control Box|